Thank you to the Pirate’s Voyage Dinner & Show for hosting our family. All text and opinions are my own.
When we planned our winter beach trip to Myrtle Beach, I wanted to make sure that we had one activity per day. We didn’t get to make it to the Pirate’s Voyage Dinner and Show during our Pigeon Forge trip a few months ago, and I was excited to see that Myrtle Beach has the same attraction. At least half of a dozen friends recommended the Pirate’s Voyage show to us, and I had my fingers crossed that the dinner show would still be showing for the season. Luckily, it was, and I wanted to surprise the kids with it as one of our daily activities.
We caught one of the last showings before Pirate’s Voyage took a break for the season. We enjoyed the Christmas show, a fabulous mixture of A Christmas Carol and the nativity. Front row seats gave us a close-up view of the performers and animals.
I posted about our AWESOME experience on Instagram, and I received a few questions. Here’s a quick Q & A with a few of the questions I answered via DM or Instastory:
- Where is Pirate’s Voyage located? There are currently two locations- One in Myrtle Beach, SC, and one in Pigeon Forge, TN
- Is the dinner and show only for kids? No, way! There was a diverse group of attendees. I saw families with kids (like us!), couples, families with older (high school or college aged) kids, and multiple generational families. The show had something for everyone.
- Is the show scary for kids? My kids did not find the show scary (the triplets are 6). The show was overall entertaining with humor thrown in. There was a short portion with fire effects on the water and a few cannon sounds at the end. If your kids are sensitive to these elements, I recommend reserving a seat closer to the back.
For a family of 6, Pirate’s Voyage served as an awesome eating + entertaining activity for us. The food was tasty with a variety that pleased everyone. Here are a few tips if visiting Pirate’s Voyage Dinner & Show with a big family or a group:
- Arrive when the doors open. The pre-show is fun and offers photo ops with some of the pirates. This also makes sure that your group has seats all together.
- Pre-show snacks and beverages are not included with the ticket price. However, we found them to be reasonably priced. One bucket of popcorn was large enough for our family to share, and the beverages were large enough for two to share.
- The servers do provide take-out bags after the meal, so save any left-overs or any items that the kiddos may not have eaten for the take-out bag.
If you are in the Pigeon Forge, TN or Myrtle Beach, SC, area this year, make plans to attend a Pirate’s Voyage Dinner & Show. It will be one of the highlights of your trip!
OK, now that looks like a lot of fun! I wish we had that here! I have been looking for something fun the whole family can do and this would be perfect!
robin rue says
That sounds like a BLAST! I am sure my family would absolutely LOVE this show, too!
melissa chapman says
That show looks like so much fun. It is amazing it was in the two places you visited and you finally got to see it. I will keep it in mind when i go to Myrtle Beach with the family.
Brianne Tursi Manz says
Oh wow! This looks like so much fun! I would love to take the family to this. It would be so exciting.
Amber Myers says
OH my gosh, what a fun show. I know my family would love it. If we ever make it to Myrtle Beach, we will be seeing this.
That looks like so much fun. I wish this was closer to me. I know my family would have had a blast there.
This looks like a really fun experience. I would love to take my family to something like this. I have to look into booking a tickets.
Terri Steffes says
Another fun family event in the books. I love shows like these. The kids are completely riveted and the humor for the adults is always so much fun.
Sarah Bailey says
This sounds like an absolutely amazing show to go and see, we don’t seem to have anything like this over here, I would love to experience it for myself.
We go to Myrtle Beach quite often since it’s only a couple of hours away. I saw this the last time we were there and considered it. Next time I will be stopping.
Diana Chastain says
Looks like fun! I was going to take my family to something similar over the holidays, but we never managed to fit it into our schedules.
Kita Bryant says
I love activities like this. Everyone does such a good job with these productions.
Lizzie Lau says
I love that place. My niece worked there when it was Dixie Stampede. I’m hoping to get out to Myrtle Beach this year.