In January, I shared news that I never thought would happen. You may remember when I shared that I was selected to be a Step2 Brand Ambassador for the 2015 year. I should have recorded a video of my happy dance when I received the news. It was the highlight of my New Year. I never recommend any product on my blog that I do not use, and boy, do we get a lot of use out of Step2 toys! I’ve always thought highly of the toy brand. After all, Step2 is the only brand of toy that I’ve ever owned where none of the toys have broken or not held up to my rough and tumble crew.
Part of the Step2 Brand Ambassador program includes a trip to their headquarters in Ohio. So, last week, I packed my suitcase and went on my first kid-free, husband-free excursion ever! I have to say that after my visit to Ohio last week to experience the interworkings of the company firsthand, my view of the company has changed. If it’s at all possible, now I rate it as being even more FABULOUS!
Want to see a little of what I did? I’m sharing with you today!
When arriving at the Step2 Headquarters in Streetsboro, Ohio,the lobby is full of Step2 products. Yep, my boys would be all over this.
Displayed in the lobby is a cool new toy that I think will be a hit this fall and Christmas: the Wonderball Fun House. It’s a kitchen/ball combo house that several kids from different age ranges can enjoy at once. What do you think about it? Will this be on your kid’s Christmas wish list? While I can’t share all the awesome toys that Step2 has in its idea line, I love the ways that they are constantly raising the bar with their new product innovations. This Wonderball Fun House is a prime example!
Adjacent to the lobby is a showroom that’s packed with even more product samples!
My favorite part of the Step2 Headquarters visit was the tour of the different operations within the facility. This was my first time visiting the Step2 Headquarters, and I found it absolutely fascinating.
Here are a few things that I learned during my tour:
1. Step2 toys are completely made in the USA. Awesome!
2. The toys start out as a powder. It’s amazing that THIS below can turn into a kid’s favorite playhouse.
3. Step2 toys undergo strict safety tests. This is the Safety Lab that makes sure Step2 toys are 100% safe for my (and your!) kiddos before they hit the market.
4. Step2 is the world’s largest manufacturer of rotational molded plastics. They have two large plants, both of which are located in Ohio. The Step2 team does everything from making the toys to shipping them at these facilities! In a day where lots of companies outsource, I found it amazing that a person can visit the Step2 Headquarters and see the entire toy process from concept to shipment.
5. The CEO has great plans for Step2. I can’t believe that I forgot to get a picture of the CEO, Chris Quinn! He attended most of our meetings, and he is one of the most friendly, energetic CEOs that I’ve ever met.
6. The kid’s play area at Progressive Field is stocked full of fun Step2 toys. How fun!
I’m proud to be a part of the Step2 Brand Ambassador team, and I can’t wait to share more of their toys with you this year!