My name is Chrissy and I blog over at The Taylor House! I love sharing ideas for crafts, gifts, organizing and cleaning. I think my favorite posts are the recipes that I try, I love to bake and make yummy treats for my two little boys and hubby!
I have a simple and yummy Sugar Cookie Recipe to share with you today! This the the recipe that I use for all of my sugar cookies and they are just delicious. At Christmas we make cut-outs, but I thought it would be easy to put a spin on them for any time of year. The recipe is below.
I made the dough and colored it red, white, green and blue.
After it was in the fridge for about an hour, I made small one inch balls.
Then just flattened them down with the bottom of a glass.
The colored dough, I also rolled in sprinkles.
Here is a set of Red, White and Blue cookies that you could make for the 4th of July! I think they would be cute with a red top, blue bottom and white frosting in the middle.
And here is the red, white and green for Christmas!
These are really yummy! I love the almond extract in them!
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of Almond Extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream the margarine and add the sugar gradually. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt gradually to the creamed mixture, stirring in by hand. Cover and chill dough overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and cut into your favorite shapes. Place cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 6 to 8 minutes or until cookie has a golden appearance.