This Praying Hands Craft is easy for any skill level and uses only minimal supplies, making it perfect for a group setting!
A few summers ago, I did an entire summer kid’s series on prayer. It was one of my most favorite lesson series that I’ve done. I searched online for lesson ideas, and we had crafts for each time that we met. The older kids had prayer journals that we added onto weekly, and at the end of the series, we went on a mini field trip of driving the church bus through different communities and praying for them. It was an awesome series, and I hope the kids learned aspects of prayer that have “stuck” with them since then.
This Praying Hands Craft is similar to one that we did then. This craft goes along with any lesson on prayer.
This post was originally published on my Bible crafts blog in March 2020. That blog has since been discontinued.
- Have kids hang onto the craft or display them in the classroom. Add prayer requests inside them weekly.
- Use for Sunday School, Children’s Church, VBS, or home
- Create it as a card to mail to someone to let them know that you are thinking about them and praying for them.
Supplies for Praying Hands Craft:
- Construction paper or printer paper. I do not recommend heavy card stock.
- Pens or markers or pencils
- Safety scissors
Have kids place their hands side by side on the paper. Palms of the hands should be facing up with little fingers side by side and thumbs on the outside.
An older kid or an adult traces around the hands.
Optional: Trace with a pencil and then allow the kids to use marker to create a thicker outline.
Kids them cut out around the hands, being sure not to cut in between the hands.
Fold the hands in half along the place where the two little fingers meet.
Draw or write inside the hands.
Click here for more Bible based crafts for kids!