This pony bead snake craft is a great boredom buster. It also uses minimal supplies, making it a win-win! This craft tutorial includes affiliate links, which when purchased through, add no cost to the consumer but provide this site with a small commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Need a quick craft to keep the kids entertained for a bit? This Pony Bead snake craft is a good one. Here are a few reasons why I like it as a go-to craft:
- It uses minimal supplies, some of which most crafts already have around the house.
- It is inexpensive, making it great for a group craft.
- Make the craft last a little longer by encouraging the kids to create a pattern with the beads.
Supplies for the Pony Bead Snake Craft:
- Pony beads
- Pipe cleaners (can also be called fuzzy sticks)
- Wiggly eyes
- A small piece of card stock, cut into a snake tongue shape
How to Make:
Thread the pony beads onto the pipe cleaner, leaving about 1/2 inch on each end without beads.
On one end, curve the beads around to make a head shape. Secure by wrapping the end of the pipe cleaner around itself in the midst of two of the beads. For the opposite end, curve the pipe cleaner around to secure the beads.
Add the wiggly eyes to the top of the head with glue. Glue the tongue to the back side of the snake under the head area.
That’s it! Here are a few options when creating:
- Cut pipe cleaners to different lengths to have different size snakes.
- Make various snakes using only one pony bead color.
- Have the kids follow or make up a pattern for the beads on the snake.
Here’s another boredom buster craft- Clothespin Snowmen Craft.