Guess what! The hubby and I are dieting again. Yep, we’ve started over with the diet. We started today, in fact. We actually started our diet yesterday, but I gave in to the stress eating and ruined it by lunchtime. Today’s a new day, though, and I’m on the Diet Boat for at least five hours. The hubby and I both agree that portion control is a big issue that ruins our good intentions most of the time. So one idea that I have to overcome this is to pre-portion food. This comes in handy at restaurants, but I’ve been inspired to try it at home, too. The best way to do this with deserts is to make them in parfait dishes. This way, I can control the amount. These Personal Banana Pudding Parfaits are an excellent example!
My Home Economics teacher gave me this recipe 14 years ago. I have no idea where she got it from, so if anyone knows the origin, I would love to know! The ingredients are simple. I have them all in my cupboard most of the time.
- 1 box vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- mini vanilla wafers
- ½ carton of whipped cream
- Mix one carton of vanilla pudding with 2 cups of milk for two minutes.
- Stir sour cream into pudding mixture.
- Add whipped cream to pudding mixture and stir completely.
- Place one layer of mini vanilla wafers in the bottom of parfait bowl.
- Layer banana slices on top of wafers.
- Pour a little less than ¼ cup pudding mixture over the bananas and wafers.
- Repeat the layers one more top.
- Add mini wafers to top of parfait.