My time as a Chief Waffle Officer is coming to a close! Just one more week! If my recipes are coming to a close, then that means time is running out to submit your best Eggo recipe for the Great Waffle Off! Entrants have a chance to win big with a $5,000 grand prize! Two entrants will win $2,500, and eight entrants will win a year’s worth of Eggo products. Enter on their Facebook page, check out the info on their website, or get more inspiration on their Pinterest board.
This week- favorite fall desserts. Taking another suggestion from my readers, I decided to make Personal Apple Pies.
These are easy and less stress than traditional apple pie with the same great taste! The main steps are to make a fillable pie structure, and then fill it with your favorite pie filling!
- Stack of Eggo Waffles- 2 per pie
- Can of Apple Pie filling
- Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook Eggo Waffles in toaster on low setting.
- Remove waffles from toaster and lay one flat on a plate with the curved side of the waffle facing down.
- Take a second Eggo and cut a circle in the middle to form an Eggo ‘ring’.
- Lay the ring on top of the other Eggo with the curved side of the waffle facing down.
- Spoon a generous portion of apple pie filling into the circle.
- Place the Eggo ‘pie’ on a shallow baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with whipped cream.
Now, I need YOUR help again! If you could rename this recipe, what would you call it? What’s a fall spin that I can put on the name of this recipe? Leave your comments below!