Washing dishes is for the birds. I barely have time to cook, much less wash dishes. So anytime I find a one skillet recipe, I’m keeping it on file for sure! I adapted this one from a Pasta Roni recipe. It uses summer vegetables for an added color and flavor.
- 1 package Parmesan Cheese Pasta Roni
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozarella cheese
- 4 small tomatoes
- Brown beef in a large skillet. Drain.
- Add water, milk, and butter. Cook until boiling.
- Stir in the contents of the Pasta Roni package and the peppers. Return to boiling.
- Reduce to medium heat and add the four tomatoes in the top of the skillet (push the noodles and beef out of the way).
- Boil the skillet for about 5 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Be sure to separate the noodles well..
- Take the skillet off the stove and let the noodles stand so that the sauce will thicken.
Melanie this looks absolutely delish! I’m also glad your site is back up! 😀