Down-sizing on the gift giving this year? As our family gets larger, it’s difficult to buy for everyone and still give fun, unique gifts. I feel like I give scarves every year to the same people. There’s nothing wrong with giving scarves, but sometimes I just want to mix it up a little! At most of the Christmas parties that I attend, we only give gifts to the kids, but that cost can still add up depending on how many kids are in the family. Today I’m sharing a fun gift that serves three purposes: 1) It’s a gift, 2) It’s a craft that the kids can do at the party, and 3) It’s something the kids can play with after they’ve been made! These Monster Finger Puppet Kits are easy to assemble and make a one-of-a-kind gift. Thanks to Online Labels for sponsoring this post as a part of the Crafty Hangouts Series. Be sure to visit Crafty Hangouts for fun gift ideas that include a video tutorial.
To Build Your Own Monster Finger Puppet Kit:
- 16 oz. Canning Jar – Find colorful ones at your local art and crafts store. Of course, you can always use something other than a canning jar if you are concerned that the kids may break the jar. But be advised that the label options listed below will need to be altered.
- Felt or fleece scraps
- Adhesive backed felt
- Poms (from CraftProjectIdeas)
- Adhesive eyes (from CraftProjectIdeas)
- Fuzzy Sticks (from CraftProjectIdeas)
- Glue stick
- Monster Finger Puppet Kit Label Printable File
- Monster Finger Puppet Instruction Printable File
- OL5375WX Circle Labels
- OL5925WX Rectangular Labels
- OL172WX Labels and Scrapbook Paper
Watch this video below for a LIVE demonstration on how to assemble the Monster Finger Puppet Kit jars!
The only supplies that you will need to cut yourself are shapes for the monsters from felt or fleece and jagged teeth shapes from the adhesive felt.
The finger puppets are easy for the kids to put together with just a bit of glue and notions!
As part of the Crafty Hangouts series, I’ve got a fun Target gift card giveaway for you!