Minnie Mouse Centerpieces
- 1 roll of clear packaging tape (the wide kind, like you would use to seal a box)
- Plenty of newspaper or brown packaging paper- whatever you can find for free!
- A sturdy piece of cardboard for the base- should measure approx. 5 1/2 inches across and 14 inches in length
- 1 package of hot pink crepe paper sold by the sheet (NOT the kind sold by the roll. The kind sold by the sheet is available at local craft stores for about $1.29 a package. Use a coupon from their mailing list and save!)
- 1 package of black paper sold by the sheet (NOT the kind sold by the roll. The kind sold by the sheet is available at local craft stores for about $1.29 a package. Use a coupon from their mailing list and save!)
- Hot glue gun and glue
Minnie Mouse Wall Hanging
I hate to waste anything, so I was determined to use all of the crepe paper that I bought for our Minnie Mouse party on something. After doing the Minnie Mouse Centerpieces, I thought it might be nice to have an additional decoration that is done in the same manner to kind of match.
- Black crepe paper sold by the sheet
- Pink crepe paper sold by the sheet
- Hot glue gun with hot glue
Cut out a cardboard Minnie/Mickey head shape out of cardboard. I used two large cake pans to make the circles. Make it as big or as small as you like.
Go to this post about our Minnie centerpieces and follow steps 9 through 10, using the black crepe paper to make the paper flowers. Do the same with the pink crepe paper, but only make 1/4 of the same amount of flowers.
Glue the black crepe paper flowers all over the Minnie head, starting with the ears. Then do the remaining head portion.
Using the pink crepe paper flowers, glue whatever letter or number that you want over top of the black crepe paper. I suggest doing a “no-glue” practice by laying the letter or number out before actually gluing.
Attach a wire or tape to the back to hang onto the wall.
This will look amazing when paired with the Minnie Mouse Centerpiece. And, best of all, they are inexpensive but look custom!
Linking to these great parties!