When planning for children’s ministry events, pre-packaged craft kits can often be a life-saver. However, I know that not all budgets allow for buying craft kits. I also know all about last-minute crafting, and it is handy to be able to run into a local craft store and grab everything that I need for an event. This keychain craft can be woven into any VBS or children’s ministry craft time. For ordering, click here or use the following supply list and instructions for How to Make a Cross and Bead Keychain Craft.
This post was originally published on my Bible crafts blog in February 2020. That blog has since been discontinued.
- Do NOT use this craft with children ages 3 and younger. This craft utilizes beads, and only children who do not place beads in their mouths, noses, or ears should work on this project. Hey, I’m a mom of four- this stuff happens so it’s best to not take risks!
- Children’s church for ages K5 and up.
- Sunday School for ages K5 and up.
- VBS for ages K5 and up.
- Home use to accompany a Bible lesson or verse
- A “back pocket” craft to use during a time when you may have extra time left over in a class
This post includes affiliate links, which when purchased through, add no cost to the consumer but provide this site with a small commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Colored Beads– If symbolizing different colors for faith, purchase different colored beads that meet those specific color guidelines. Otherwise, any beads will work.
- 10 inches of cording
- Cross charm
- Keychain piece
- Clear craft glue
How to Make a Cross and Bead Keychain Craft:
Thread the cording through the cross bead. This may differ according to the specific cross bead that you have and how it is made. Tie a knot about the cross bead.
Thread both ends of the cord through the beads, covering the knot above the cross with the first bead. Continue until all of the beads are threaded through.
Tie the cord around the keychain. Knot a few times to secure. Dot with clear glue on the thread, being sure not to get glue on the silver keychain. We do not want to glue the keychain part to itself.
Looking for more crafts? Check out this one for a Bible bookmark!