Do you have kids? It’s difficult to keep living room furniture clean with kids in the house. Here’s how I cleaned my yucky couch! This post is sponsored by HomeRight. Of course, all thoughts and opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.
I think, when I’m not looking, my kids use the couch arm rest as a napkin. At least, that is how it appears. Our couch has gotten progressively more yucky as the number of kids in the house increased. For the past year, I’ve wanted a new couch. My husband and I have talked about it and wished for it, but we both know that it doesn’t make any sense to purchase a new couch while the kids are small. And using the couch as a napkin.
I had never considered steam cleaning the couch. After attending Haven Conference in August, HomeRight introduced me to their awesome steam cleaners. The HomeRight Steam Machine Model 53 looked promising in my couch cleaning endeavors.
Wow! I never would have dreamed how awesome it cleaned my couch. I was skeptical at first. I honestly though the couch was too far gone. Between the arm rest and the little stains on the cushions, I never thought that it could all be erased! The HomeRight Steam Machine gave our couch a new life, and here’s the steps that I took to achieve it.
- HomeRight Steam Cleaner
- Microfiber cloths
- Dawn Dish soap
- Bowl of hot water
- Wet one of the cloths with the hot water. Add a drop of the dish soap to the cloth and rub the cloth together.
- Go ahead and prep the steam cleaner, following the the instructions on the cleaner.
- Scrub the cloth over the stained area. I worked in small sections. I didn’t want one area to dry out while working on another area.
- Once the steam cleaner is ready, use the squeegee attachment to run over the wet stained area. I considered using the brush attachment, but I didn’t want to mess up the fibers on the couch.
- Continue using the squeegee attachment to go over the stains.
- The couch armrest was particularly stained, so I did go back over it with the wet microfiber cloth and some arm power. The heat from the steam cleaner allowed the grime to lift away with minimal effort.
Our couch is ready to face a few more years of kiddo wear and tear!
Caution: Use the steam cleaner at your own risk. Follow the steam cleaner instructions. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of all information on this website, It Happens in a Blink, LLC, makes no guarantee to the procedures shared here. It Happens in a Blink, LLC, is not responsible or liable for direct, indirect, or consequential damages or personal grievances resulting from the use of any information on ItHappensinaBlink.com. This website is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a professional.