Create a Harry Potter Inspired birthday card for your favorite muggle. This post contains affiliate links which, when purchased through, add no cost to the consumer but provide a small commission to help support this site to bring more Cricut tutorials.
I’m still catching up on all the cousin birthdays that I missed while in the midst of a temporary teaching job. In addition to a fun gift card, I thought that I would make a birthday card for each person, too. This particular card was for my Harry Potter obsessed nephew.
- Cricut machine – Either a Cricut Explore Air 2 or Cricut Maker will work. I’m using a Cricut Explore Air 2.
- Cricut StandardGrip Cutting Mat
- Cricut card stock in multiple colors – black, yellow, mustard, and crimson
- Cricut 0.4 tip pen
- Glue stick or craft glue
- Card blank – I used a brown card blank but any color will work.
After assembling the card, I also cut another white background piece that I glued to the inside of the card. This is optional, but you may like the look of it better after completing the project.
Open up Cricut Design Space. Use my already prepared design file to make this project quick and easy. Access the file by clicking here. Click “Customize” rather than “Make It.” When the design canvas with the project appears, make sure that the size of the card design will fit on the front of the card blank. The design should fit on the front with a small border around the design that shows the card blank.
Follow the instructions in Cricut Design Space to cut all the pieces as prompted.
Once all of the pieces are cut, use the glue stick to carefully assemble the card.
- Glue the white background to the front of the card.
- Glue the hair piece to the top of the white background.
- Glue the glasses and lightening bolt piece under the hair.
- Glue the squares under the glasses.
- Carefully glue the “Birthday Wishes” in the desired spot on the card.
Looking for more Cricut related content? View my Cricut project page for more tips and tutorials!