This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WaysToWow #CollectiveBias
One of the most popular recipes on my site from 2014 has been this Meatlover’s Queso Dip. I’ve been wanting to try a slow cooker variation of the dip, and our upcoming New Year’s gathering gave me just the excuse to try it. Featuring five different meats, this dip can simmer in the slow cooker while you concentrate on what’s really important- holiday entertaining! Serve it with your favorite Town House crackers. Mine are the delicious Mediterranean Herb Pita Crackers from Town House.
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained of grease
- 1/2 lb ground turkey, cooked and drained of grease
- 1 small package diced ham
- 1 small package mini pepperonis
- 5 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 block pasteurized prepared cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 block mild cheddar cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cans diced tomatoes and green chiles
- Town House Mediterranean Herb Pita Crackers
Combine the cheese and diced tomatoes an chiles in a slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for an hour. Stir. Cook on LOW for two more hours. Add the ground beef, ground turkey, diced ham, mini pepperonis, and crumbled bacon. Stir thoroughly. Let simmer for 30 minutes or until the meats have been cooked through.
At this point, remove the slow cooker lid. The only negative aspect of cooking this dip in the slow cooker is that it holds in all the moisture– including any meat from the grease. If there appears to be any grease surfacing to the top of the dip, use a ladle to remove it, as needed.
If you have a meat lover in your family, this is a great dip for them. It is quite hardy and could probably make a meal in itself! Using the slow cooker frees up the pots and pans for other yummy New Year’s Eve party snacks! Looking for those tasty crackers? I found mine on the cracker aisle at Target.
Get more Town House recipes at the Town House Social Hub!