Over the next eight weeks, I have something awesome for you to anticipate- a new recipe each week featuring Eggo Waffles! I’ve been selected to be a Chief Waffle Officer, and that means loads of Eggo goodness to tantalize your taste buds. I’ll be covering dessert, holidays, breakfast, and more, so mark your calendars and pop over every Wednesday. Today, we are talking after school snacks. After school snacks have certain requirements: they need to be healthy, convenient, and quick. Eggo Apple Quesadillas are all of the above.
This recipe only takes a few simple ingredients that most moms have in their pantry and refrigerator already.
- 4 frozen Eggo Waffles
- 1 medium sized apple
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Optional: for the kiddos who like a little kick, have salsa on hand
- Heat the Eggo Waffles in the toaster, according to package directions. Do NOT heat them up until they are crispy. For this recipe, we need the Eggos to be pliable.
- Slice an apple into thin slices.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized skillet.
- Place an Eggo in the skillet. On half of the Eggo, sprinkle a layer of cheddar cheese. Make it as cheesy (or not!) as desired.
- Top the cheese with the thin apple slices.
- Fold the Eggo over the cheese and apple slices.
- Press the Eggo with a spatula and hold for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the Eggo over and press with spatula. Continue until both sides are a golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove Eggo quesadilla from heat. Garnish as desired (like with salsa!) and serve.
Serve quesadillas plain or garnished with salsa and leftover apples.
Do you have a creative spin on an Eggo recipe? Eggo is currently taking entrants for their Great Waffle Off! Entrants have a chance to win big with a $5,000 grand prize! Two entrants will win $2,500, and eight entrants will win a year’s worth of Eggo products. Enter on their Facebook page, check out the info on their website, or get more inspiration on their Pinterest board.