Add a splash of color to any outfit with this DIY Two Color Clay Necklace. Combine clay colors for a unique clay necklace pendant. This post contains affiliate links which, when purchased through, add no cost to the consumer but help support this site to bring more fun crafty tutorials.
This DIY Two Color Clay Necklace is another fun one for a girl’s night. It combines two clay colors. Make multiples to have several from which to choose for a night out on the town!
If you are new to working with oven bake clay, be sure to read my Tips and Tricks for Working with Oven-Bake Clay before beginning.
Supplies for this DIY Two Color Clay Necklace:
- 2 colors of Sculpey Souffle Oven Bake Clay
- Work ‘n bake clay mat – This mat is wonderful! I can use it to first roll and cut my shapes, and then I can bake them directly on the mat. This decreases the chances that I will misshapen my design when transferring it to another baking mat.
- Clay roller
- Rectangle shape from the Premo Mini Metal Cutters
- Clay knife, like the one in this clay tool starter kit
- Tool with needle end and ball end, like the one in this clay tool starter kit
- 1 jump ring – I purchased a variety box like this one and use the size that I think works best for each jewelry making project.
- Jewelry pliers
- Necklace chain
Choose the 2 colors for the pendant.
Use the mini rectangle cutter to cut a rectangle from each color.
Use the clay knife to carefully divide each one in half diagonally.
Separate the pieces and carefully press together opposite colors. Use tools from the tool kit to press them together and make them look cohesive. You will now have two pendants, so this will make two necklaces if you wish.
Use the tool with the needle or ball end to make a hole in the center in the top of the clay pendant.
Place the work n’ bake mat on a baking sheet. Follow the instructions from Sculpey on baking.
Per the Sculpey Souffle Website: Bake at 275 °F (130 °C) for 30 minutes per 1/4 in (6 mm) thickness. DO NOT MICROWAVE. Baking should be completed by an adult. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME.
Since we are baking a shape half the size of 1/4,” the rectangle should only need approximately 15 minutes. Check it and do not over bake.
Remove the rectangle from the oven. Allow to cool completely.
Use the jewelry pliers to attach a jump ring into the hole of the rectangle.
Continue with the pliers to attach the jump ring (with the rectangle attached) to the necklace chain. Close the jump ring securely with the pliers.
Check out more oven bake clay crafts here:
It Happens in a Blink, LLC, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.