Have you ever wanted to upcycle t-shirts into cool crafts for home, gift giving, and more! Then check out this crafty book review: DIY T-shirt Crafts! This post contains affiliate links which, when purchased through, add no cost to the consumer, but help support this site to bring more crafty tutorials. It Happens in a Blink is a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
New year, new series! I am an avid reader, and I love combining two of my favorite things– books and crafting. I know that the internet provides a wide variety of crafting tutorials (I offer them on the blog here myself), but, for me, there’s nothing like holding a book in my hands. I have a small collection of crafting books, and I decided that a new series that features crafting themed books would be fun for the New Year. I’ll showcase a crafting book one week and then a project that I made from the book the following week. First up in the Crafty Book Review: DIY T-shirt Crafts.
DIY T-Shirt Crafts by Adrianne Surian is one of the first craft books that I acquired in my collection. Adrianne is one of the first bloggers that I became acquainted with when I started blogging. She has been sharing various crafty projects on her blog, Happy Hour Projects, for years. The book DIY T-Shirt Crafts is filled with quick and easy tutorials that can all be made with recycled t-shirts. A few of the projects call for additional supplies, but I think the majority of crafters will have most of the supplies for the projects in their current craft stashes. The book includes step by step photo tutorials and is very simple to follow.
Fun book specs:
- Includes 50 project ideas that upcycle old t-shirts
- Showcases 4 project idea sections:
- Jewelry and Scarves
- For the Home
- Great Gifts
- Features a photo step-by-step guide on making t-shirt yarn, a must-know for many t-shirt upcycling projects
- Each project includes step-out tutorial photos. Have you ever found a neat crafting book, only to realized that a handful of projects have step-by-step photos while others only have instructions? This can be particularly frustrating for those who are just learning a new skill. DIY T-Shirt Crafts has text AND photos that show how to make every project, step-by-step!
Who is this book perfect for?
This book is great for a variety of crafters:
- Due to the easy-to-follow tutorials, I recommend this book for anywhere from beginner to advanced crafters.
- Crafters who enjoy upcycling
- Those who enjoy learning a new skill
- Teens and tweens who like crafting
- Those who have a large supply of old t-shirts that they want to use for fun projects
How many t-shirts will I need?
Most of the projects in the book can be accomplished with one t-shirt per project. Others require a specific amount of t-shirt yarn yardage rather than a certain number of shirts. In short, you will need a variety of t-shirts. If you do not have a large number of shirts on hand, there are inexpensive options at local craft stores.
Find DIY T-Shirt Crafts here and look for a fun project from the book soon.
[…] I shared a crafty book review of the book DIY T-shirt Crafts. It’s a great book full of projects. Today, I’m […]