Did you catch my announcement and awesome recipe feature last week? In case you missed it, as a Chief Waffle Officer for Eggo, I’ll be sharing a new Eggo related recipe for eight weeks. Last week, I shared my spin on an after school snack with Eggo Apple Quesadillas. This is ice cream week, and I gave in to temptation and made absolutely delicious Chocolate Dipped Eggo Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- 4 Eggo waffles in desired varieties (I used a combination of Smores' Eggos and Regular Eggos)
- Breyer's Neapolitan Ice Cream
- Jar of marshmallow creme
- 1 bar of baker's chocolate
- Cook 4 Eggo waffles according to package directions. Cut each waffle in half.
- Coat one side of each Eggo half with marshmallow creme.
- Melt bar of baker's chocolate according to package directions. While the chocolate is melting, apply a thick layer of Breyer's ice cream on one Eggo half. Top with another Eggo half to make a sandwich.
- Dip each end of ice cream sandwich in melted baker's chocolate.
- Quickly place Eggo ice cream sandwiches on plate and place in freezer. Freeze for one hour. Serve and enjoy!
Are you hungry for dessert yet? These are fun to try different Eggo and ice cream combinations. The marshmallow creme adds a unique taste to the sandwich, and I think the Eggos make this look like a sophisticated ice cream sandwich that works for adults, as well as kids!
Do you have a creative spin on an Eggo recipe? Eggo is currently taking entrants for their Great Waffle Off! Entrants have a chance to win big with a $5,000 grand prize! Two entrants will win $2,500, and eight entrants will win a year’s worth of Eggo products. Enter on their Facebook page, check out the info on their website, or get more inspiration on their Pinterest board.