Usually I try to wrap gifts with wrapping paper (because it’s more fun and fancier!), but sometimes I have to use a gift bag. It may be due to a number of reasons: lack of time, laziness, or an odd shaped gift that would look so bad wrapped everyone would think my toddler wrapped it. The one thing I hate about gift bags is that I never know where to put the card. I re-use gift bags (as all thrifty gals should), and so typically there is no gift tag on the bag. My solution (until now) has been one of the following:
- Lay the card on top on the gift bag and pray it doesn’t fall into the depths of the bag. This never goes as planned, and the recipient is usually left wondering who the gift is from until I tell them to look in the bag for the card.
- Tape the card to the tissue on top of the bag. Pray the weight of the card doesn’t pull the tissue aside and reveal the gift prior to the recipient opening it. Once again, this never goes as planned.
- Make a gift tag and tie it to the gift bag handles with ribbon. This is my favorite option for using just a gift tag, but sometimes you just want to give a card, too.
- Hot glue gun/hot glue
- A small paper black paper clip
- A flower of your choice (I clipped one off of a larger fake arrangement)
Linking to these great parties!
Kelly @ Live.Laugh.Rowe says
Thank you so very much for participating in the blog hop! Wishing you the very best in your bloggy endeavors! Already a follower. YAY. Cheers!
That is so clever! And it looks really sweet 🙂
What a great idea!
Great idea and so easy to make…
JAMI from IMAGINE DESIGN BLOG says
GREAT blog! Found you on the hop! Following you now.
XO – Jami
Imagine Design Blog
LIKE Imagine on Facebook!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest
FOLLOW me on Twitter
Great idea! I always have those clips lying around because I use them as chip clips! Another great use!
I am a new GFC follower. I found you on a grow your blog hop. I would love for you to stop by my site and follow me as well. Also check out our giveaway for a $170 Technogel Pillow if you are interested. Thanks
thank you for this idea!!
What a simple and wonderful/beautiful idea! Thanks so much for sharing!
Julie Bagamary says
Julie Bagamary says
What a simple idea! and so cute!
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
Our Delightful Home says
This is such a creative cute idea! I would love for you to visit and link up at my Linky Party via: ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com
Tracy Suzanne says
Such a cute idea Melanie. It’s one of those, why didn’t I think of that things. So smart.
Thanks for coming by and leaving such a sweet comment about my pantry. I’m your new follower now and hope you visit again soon.
Hugs…Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute
Lisa @ Flour Me With Love says
This is such a cute idea! Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday 🙂
andie jaye says
such a smart idea! especially since my mom and i reuse gift bags and send them back and forth so much! thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!
Great idea! I’ll definitely be using this idea in the future!
Thanks for linking up to my *Get Creative* party this week!
That little clip works perfectly! I’ll be keeping it in mind. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
How clever!! I’ll have to remember it the next time I am giving a gift. Thank you for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.
Divya Sharma says
This is something very special and unique. I really love the concept and idea. Thank you so so much for sharing this amazing blog.