Usually I try to wrap gifts with wrapping paper (because it’s more fun and fancier!), but sometimes I have to use a gift bag. It may be due to a number of reasons: lack of time, laziness, or an odd shaped gift that would look so bad wrapped everyone would think my toddler wrapped it. The one thing I hate about gift bags is that I never know where to put the card. I re-use gift bags (as all thrifty gals should), and so typically there is no gift tag on the bag. My solution (until now) has been one of the following:
- Lay the card on top on the gift bag and pray it doesn’t fall into the depths of the bag. This never goes as planned, and the recipient is usually left wondering who the gift is from until I tell them to look in the bag for the card.
- Tape the card to the tissue on top of the bag. Pray the weight of the card doesn’t pull the tissue aside and reveal the gift prior to the recipient opening it. Once again, this never goes as planned.
- Make a gift tag and tie it to the gift bag handles with ribbon. This is my favorite option for using just a gift tag, but sometimes you just want to give a card, too.
- Hot glue gun/hot glue
- A small paper black paper clip
- A flower of your choice (I clipped one off of a larger fake arrangement)
Linking to these great parties!