A special thank you to Family Christian for sponsoring today’s conversation on ideas to Assemble a “School’s Out!” Teacher Gift Bag. All opinions and ideas are my own.
National Teacher Day is 5/5/15. If you follow my blog on a regular basis, then you know that I try to show teacher appreciation throughout the year, but I have many friends who use National Teacher Day as a primary time to give their child’s teacher extra special tokens and gifts. I’ve been chatting with a few teacher friends of mine, and they gave me a few ideas of things that they always liked receiving when they were teaching. Kids aren’t the only ones who are excited that school is out! I am sure that teachers are ready for a break, as well. Here are a few ideas of how to assemble a “School’s Out!” gift bag for teachers.
Of course, I realize that everyone’s budget is different. If you have to purchase for several teachers, then you may only be able to afford a small idea. But, hopefully, something on this list will serve as an inspiration for you.
To see each exact item in the image below, simply click on the image. You’ll be taken right to the Family Christian website to view the item.
1. A reusable bag– Instead of sending a gift in a traditional bag, grab a reusable gift bag. Place the gift inside, and then the teacher has a bag that he or she can use all summer long.
2. A nice water bottle– Keep your teacher hydrated throughout his or her summer adventures!
3. A note pad with pen– Note pads are always handy, whether your teacher is in the classroom or at home.
4. Lotions or soaps– I like that Family Christian sells lotions and soaps with inspirational sayings and Bible verses.
5. A good book– Grab a good book from the bookstore. Books are nice for beach vacations or relaxing on the porch.
6. Something for the garden– There’s lots of possibilities here. A garden stone or sun catcher is ideal for teachers who may not be into gardening, while a flower pot or gardening tools may be good for the teacher who enjoys lots of time with the flowers.
7. Beach goodies– Think a towel, flip flops, or anything else that a teacher would enjoy taking to the beach!
What a great ‘end of the year’ gift for your favorite teacher!