This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions and 5 Food Items to Keep in the Kitchen for Dad are mine alone. #PowerfulProtein #CollectiveBias
If you follow along on my social media, then you know that a few weeks ago I went on my first trip without the kids or husband EVER. I’ve only left my kids once, and that was for an overnight trip with the hubby. But this time I went on a three day trip all by my lonesome. I left the hubby in charge of the kids. He’s a great dad, and he keeps the kids when I go out in the evenings, but he had never kept the kids by himself for several days at a time. I knew that he could handle them, but the one thing that I assumed that he would forget was to take care of himself. I guess you could say that I know that from personal experience.
When I am here by myself, I am guilty of forgetting to eat until I’m super hungry. It’s in those moments that I am grateful for quick snacks and meals to make my life easy. For that reason, I made sure these 5 Food Items were in the Kitchen for my husband when I left for my Ohio adventure. I knew that he would appreciate it!
1. Nuts- A good blend of nuts are a great snack for Dad! The ones pictured below are a Men’s Health blend.
2. His favorite leftovers- This will take preparation and planning, but make his favorite dish and make it supersized! He will have leftovers for a few days, at least. I left my husband a casserole of this Southwest Chicken Bake.
3. Sandwich fixings- Stock up on sandwich fixing supplies for a quick lunch.
4. Jerky- All men like jerky, right?
5. Quick and Easy Meals- The new STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen meals are tasty to keep in the freezer for Dad. STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen meals have 25 grams of protein or more, and they are ready in 10 minutes or less. Since the STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen meals are available in varieties such as Steak Fajita, Cilantro Lime Chicken, Rotisserie Seasoned Turkey, Bourbon Steak, Oven Roasted Chicken, and Monterey Chicken, there is definitely a flavor that Dad will like.
My hubby likes the STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen Steak Fajita.
It’s a single serving meal that he was able to make and eat all while taking care of the kiddos!
The STOUFFER’S® Fit Kitchen meals are easily found in the Frozen Foods section of your local Walmart.
What are your hubby’s favorite meals? Does he like to keep any of these in the pantry?