I know so many friends who had a Silhouette on their Christmas wish list. Were you one of those? Did Santa bring you what you wanted? If so, here are 15 Silhouette Tips and Tutorials for Beginners to get you started with your new toy!
Read on for a few projects to get started with your Silhouette. I’ve also included two Silhouette software tips- How to Size a Shape and How to Turn an Image in Photoshop to a File that can be used in Silhouette Studio.
1. DIY Kitchenaid Decal from Artsy Fartsy Mama- Spruce up a KitchenAid Mixer easily.
2. Geometric Fabric Bowls from Please Excuse My Craftermath
3. Popcorn Bowl from Ginger Snap Crafts
4. DIY Shadow Puppets From Whine to Wine
5. Glitter Monogrammed Pumpkin from UnOriginal Mom- This tutorial demonstrates how to easily use Double Sided Adhesive Sheets.
6. How to use Photoshop to Create Shapes for your Silhouette from Please Excuse My Craftermath
7. DIY Circle Earrings from It Happens in a Blink- Uses Silhouette Chipboard to create custom jewelry.
8. Fontastic Reindeer Tags from Get Silvered- Demonstrates using WingDing fonts for projects.
9. A Thousand Thanks Card from The Thinking Closet- This post also includes a free file!
10. Paper Pumpkin Banner from Chicken Scratch NY- Great project that demonstrates how to ungroup objects.
11. Make a Starry Night from Happy Hour Projects
12. How to Adjust to Exact Shape Sizes in Silhouette Studio from It Happens in a Blink
13. DIY Pendant Necklace from It Happens in a Blink
14. Spring Tree Canvas from One Artsy Mama
15. Washi Tape Speciman Art from Surburble
There should be enough inspiration here to keep ya’ crafting for a few months!