Homemade dryer balls are easier than I ever thought! Here are 10 Homemade Felted Dryer Ball Tutorials to help with this awesome DIY. This post contains affiliate links which, when purchased through, add no cost to the consumer but provide a small commission to this site to allow more tutorials and DIY content.
Two years ago I purchased three skeins of yarn with the intention of creating dryer balls. They sat untouched in my craft room. I’m not quite sure why I waited so long to make them. Perhaps instructions appeared intimidating? I decided that this year was going to be THE YEAR that I finally made them. Surprisingly, they were much easier than I anticipated. Are you thinking of making felted dryer balls for your laundry use? Today I’m sharing 10 homemade felted dryer ball tutorials.
Dryer balls will help decrease drying time for laundry loads. They get in between the wet clothes or towels and allow the air to circulate better- naturally!
The most important tip that I discovered is to make sure that I purchased the correct yarn. Acrylic yarn will not work. Be sure to buy 100% wool yarn or 100% worsted yarn. I also didn’t want to chance any brightly colored dye running from the yarn, so I purchased a light tan color.
10 Homemade Felted Dryer Ball Tutorials
There are many different ways to create homemade felted dryer balls. The variety of techniques may seem overwhelming, but I recommend choosing the one that sounds the easiest or most appealing to you.
- Dryer Balls save time and money tutorial at One Good Thing.
- Dryer Balls with wool scraps tutorial at Crunchy Betty.
- Dryer Balls from an upcycled sweater tutorial at Prodigal Pieces.
- Dryer Balls made from roving tutorial at Shepherd Like a Girl.
- Dryer Balls felted in the washing machine and dryer tutorial at The Frugal Girls.
- Dryer Balls felted in a pan of hot water and the dryer tutorial at The Spruce. This is the tutorial that I followed to create mine.
- Dryer Balls made with wool yarn and roving tutorial at Wellness Mama.
- Dryer Balls made with a tennis ball center tutorial at Seasoned Homemaker.
- Dryer Balls made with raw wool tutorial at Just Add Cloth.
- Dryer Balls made with essential oils tutorial at Everyday Home Blog.
Looking for more yarn crafts? Check out a few of these:
It Happens in a Blink, LLC, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.