I’ve found way too many uses for heat transfer vinyl. It’s so easy to use, and it makes professional looking products in a snap! This go around I made a Rhino Onesie as a gift for a friend’s baby. I got the idea from a cute pair of pajamas that one of my boys wears from time to time. It has bears on the pjs- one oriented correctly followed by one upside down. Fun and cute!
- Heat transfer vinyl
- Silhouette machine
- Free cut file download
Download the free cut file, made just for you by me! This onesie that I made was size 24 months. The Silhouette cut file provided is made for a 24 month size onesie, so if your outfit is smaller then remove the appropriate number of rhinos. Use the Silhouette machine to cut out the rhinos. Be sure the shiny side of the Heat Transfer Vinyl is facing down on the cutting mat.
Lay the rhinos on the onesie. I alternated between one rhino oriented correctly, then one upside down, and so on.
With the iron on a cotton setting, place a cloth over the onesie and press the iron for 60 seconds on the cloth. Repeat over the entire onesie until heat has been applied to all the rhinos.
Lift up the cloth and make sure that all the rhinos are secured to the onesie. If not, repeat the above step until they are.
Remove the clear plastic protective covering from the rhinos. All done! How quick was that!?!
Want to check out more Silhouette projects?
A few (well, 44!!) awesome bloggers and I are all sharing projects related to this theme of FABRIC on our blogs today, so check out the projects below for a wealth of inspiration!
- No-Sew Valentine’s Day Pillows by A Tossed Salad Life
- No-Sew Interchangeable Fabric Bunting by unOriginal Mom
- Monogrammed Burlap Garden Flag by The Turquoise Home
- Crawl, Walk, Bike by It’s Always Craft Time
- Freezer Paper Stenciled Tote Bags by Weekend Craft
- DIY Bleach Spray Shirt by Practically Functional
- Stenciling Sherlock by Please Excuse My Craftermath…
- Felt Star Wands by Cutesy Crafts
- Yoda Kid’s T-Shirt by Architecture of a Mom
- Mark Your Territory- Dog Flags by Black and White Obsession
- Nautical Pillows by Lil’ Mrs. Tori
- Big Sister Gift & Silhouette Cut File by Creative Ramblings
- Nerdy Baby Onesies + Free Cut File by Essentially Eclectic
- Easy Easter Bunny Onesie – Silhouette Cameo Craft by Adventures in All Things Food & Family
- Fabric Envelopes for LEARNING LETTERS! (& cut file) by From Wine to Whine
- “Good Morning, Sunshine!” Memo Board by Tried & True
- Hearts-A-Lot Burlap Pillow Cover by My Paper Craze
- Baby Quilt by Dragonfly & Lily Pads
- Surprise Holiday Banner by Whats Next Ma
- “Team Betty” Tote Bag by The Thinking Closet
- DIY Sock Minion by Create it. Go!
- Pretty Up Some Organza Bags by Getsilvered
- Easy Heart Appliqued Onsies by Create & Babble
- Bleach Pen Gel & Freezer Paper Stencils Made with the Silhouette Machine by Bringing Creativity 2 Life
- Valentines Baby Onesie & Boy’s Shirt + Free Cut Files by The Frill of Life
- Valentine’s OWL Always Love You T-shirt by My Favorite Finds
- DIY Screen Printed Curtains by Chicken Scratch NY
- Fabric Painted Quilted Wall Hanging by Terri Johnson Creates
- Glitter Iron-On Top by Simply Kelly Designs
- DIY Monogrammed T-shirts with Silhouette Heat Transfer Material by Pitter and Glink
- Birthday Challenge by Fadville
- Machine Applique with SIlhouette Cameo by The Sensory Emporium
- Fabric Applique Valentine’s Day T-Shirt by DailyDwelling
- “Cute as Cupid” shirt by crafts, cakes, and cats
- Sew Cute Applique by Life After Laundry
- Rhino Onesie by It Happens in a Blink
- Upcycled Birchbox Cameo Accesory Organizer by Cupcakes&Crowbars
- Customizing textiles with Heat Transfer Vinyl (working title) by feto soap
- Easy Fabric Art by McCall Manor
- Lady Bug Tote Bag with Silhouette Rhinestones by Ginger Snap Crafts
- Mommy and Em’s Coordinated Aprons by TitiCrafty
- Canvas sketch project and a share by Clever Someday
- Foxy Lady Pajamas by Mabey She Made It
- Teddy Bear by Work in Progress