It’s the last week of Eggo recipes! Sad, isn’t it? But I’m leaving you with a fun Halloween-inspired recipe. These Frankenstein Waffles are sure to get your kids’ Halloween festivities started on the right foot. It may not be the healthiest Eggo recipe, but the kids are going to be candied-up and on sugar highs all day. Might as well send them to school that way.
Start by cutting the circular sides off of the Eggo. The rest is pretty much just artistry (and chocolate!).
- Cooked Eggo waffle
- 2-4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 4 green candy melt discs
- 1 chocolate rectangle
- Melt baking chocolate and green candy discs in separate bowls.
- Cut the sides off of the Eggo to form a Frankenstein head shape.
- Apply semi-sweet baking chocolate across the top two Eggos rows and down two side squares.
- Cover the rest of the waffle with the melted green chocolate.
- Cut the chocolate rectangle in half and apply to sides of waffle as the 'bolts'.
Time is running out to submit your best Eggo recipe for the Great Waffle Off! Entrants have a chance to win big with a $5,000 grand prize! Two entrants will win $2,500, and eight entrants will win a year’s worth of Eggo products. Enter on their Facebook page, check out the info on their website, or get more inspiration on their Pinterest board.
Want more Frankenstein? See the Frankenstein Candy Centerpiece!