My daughter has her game face on this summer. During the school year, her school hosts Box Top contests for each grade level. The class who turns in the most Box Tops receives a fun ice cream party at the end of the month. Her class didn’t win at all last year, and not winning makes my Type A girl bummed! This summer she is on the mission to collect Box Tops so that she has an entire container to turn in one month during the school year. Plus, with the Hefty and Reynolds Box Tops for Education “School Supplied” sweepstakes and daily instant win game, Hefty and Reynolds are giving away 10,000 eBox Tops to 5 lucky schools. My daughter would be psyched to win that!
She has collected so many Box Tops that we had to make a container for them. I decided to make a chalkboard container. This way, we can right on the container. The chalk feature will come in handy when we need to keep track of the turn in date for the month.
- Plastic container with a removeable lid
- Chalkboard spray paint
- Self-healing mat
- Crafting knife
In a well ventilated area, follow the directions on the spray paint can to apply the chalkboard paint to the plastic container. Let it dry thoroughly.
While the paint dries, place the lid on a self-healing mat. Use the craft knife to make a slot in the lid. You’ve now created a piggy bank-type Box Top container.
At the end of the school year this past May, the PTO director sent out an email detailing all of the things that Box Tops had enabled the school to do. I was surprised at all the things Box Tops helped provide for our school! Even though each Box Top is worth just .10 cents, with each family working together it can add up quickly to significant amounts of money.
We already purchase many products that have Box Tops right on the package. Did you know these Reynolds Consumer Products are all Box Top participating items?
- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
- Reynolds® Cooking Baking Sheets
- Reynolds® Bakeware Pans
- Reynolds® StayBrite® Baking Cups
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liners
- Reynolds® Oven Bags
- Hefty® Strong Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags
- Hefty® Ultra Strong™ Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags
- Hefty® Ultra Strong™ BlackOut® Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags
- Hefty® Cinch Sak® Large Trash Bags and Lawn & Leaf Bags
- Hefty® Easy Flaps® Tall Kitchen Bags and Large Trash Bags
- Hefty® Renew® Tall Kitchen Bags and Trash Bags
- Hefty® SteelSak® Trash Bags
- Hefty® Twist Tie Tall Kitchen Bags and Trash and Lawn & Leaf Bags
- Hefty® Ultra Flex® Trash Bags
- Hefty® Easy Grip® Cups
- Hefty® Deluxe™ Plates and Platters
- Hefty® Everyday™ Soak Proof Bowls
- Hefty® Everyday™ Soak Proof Plates
- Hefty® Style™ Prints Cups
- Hefty® Style Plates
- Hefty® Ultimate™ Easy Grip® Cups
- EZ Foil® by Hefty® Bakeware Pans
How has collecting Box Tops benefited your school?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.